Sunday, November 21, 2010

Unexpected

Dear Diary

Some unexpected things have happened lately.  Good things.  Maybe even God things.

First off, I have been getting hammered with conviction and scripture and other people's writings and thoughts, in a good way.  I will write more about that later.  It really is awesome how God is changing me.

Secondly, I spent Friday night on the phone with a couple friends.  That is unexpected in and of itself because I am not a fan of chatting on the phone.  I don't really like conversations that start with, "Whatcha doing?" or, "I'm bored."  Anyway I talked with an old friend in Alberta for an hour.  Wow.  And then I talked with a new friend in PA for almost two hours.  Crazy.  Slowly it seems God is bringing me out of my shell.  And then weird enough, an old colleague I haven't seen in a year or so met up with me on facebook and suggested we go out for coffee some time.  And then an even older friend, who I met in grade 7, caught up with me and suggested we go see a movie tonight.  This all happened within a couple hours.  Good thing?  God thing?  I'm not sure but it feels good to be socializing with people.

And finally, I was supposed to work today.  My job got postponed so I still made it to church, a couple minutes late.  I was originally scheduled to speak for five minutes but I didn't write anything down because I thought I would be at work.  I still spoke at the end of the service though, mostly off a few notes I scribbled on the bulletin.  It was good.  And it opened a few doors for me to speak with people after the service I've never spoken to like DS, S and RO, and B.  And I got a few hugs.  Was it because of the blog?  I can't say, but keep 'em coming.  It was all good.

Now, hopefully the Riders win today...

-Clint(on)

2 comments:

Diane said...

Yay conviction, that's cool because it means you're sensitive to the Holy Spirit!

"Almost 2 hours?" Try 2.5, my phone always tells me how long the conversation was after I hang up. I still think about how I had to ask you to talk slower because I couldn't comprehend everything you were saying....bahaha I dumbed you down!

Yay for hugs, somebody give him one for me! ;)

Clinton said...

PS - The Riders won!