Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sanctuary

I was still feeling a bit "empty" today.  I don't know how else to describe it.

I went to church.  I layed down in the Sanctuary.

I think we, me in particular, and Christians in general, spend a lot of time asking God for things.  Sometimes it's not very important.  Please help me pass this test, get that girl to like me, find a parking spot.  Sometimes it's much more serious.  Healing, deliverance, salvation.  But rarely is it just to be with God.

So, there I was, laying down in the middle of the Sanctuary, being with God.  And it was good.

I can't say that anything happened exactly but I made a decision.  Now, I have always said I want this blog to be the best reflection of me I can make it, so I will be totally honest here.  I don't like the book of Job, and yet I was thinking about it and thinking about me.  I was thinking about how great my life really is and yet I let such a tiny thing get me down.  Then I thought of Job, who lost everything, and his response was, "and yet will I trust Him."  I decided to trust God.  It doesn't sound like much but it really is monumental.  I can't say that I trust God as much as I should.  Right now I'm going through a minor low but I will trust in God.  I have decided that no matter what life has in store for me yet will I trust God.  When things are good I will trust God.   When things are bad I will trust God.  I will trust God.  This is life changing for me.

When I got home I felt led to play this song.  And I immediately started bawling.  Why am I even sharing this?  I'm not sure, but it happened, and it felt like a God thing, so there you go.



I want to spend more time in the Sanctuary.

No comments: