Friday, November 19, 2010

Beautiful Day

It's a beautiful day.  The sun is out after hiding behind the clouds for the last week.  Sure, we had to go through a snow storm before we could get to the light, but truth be told, I don't mind it too much.  As long as the sun is out I can take all the cold and snow.

It has been/will be a good week.

Saturday -I went to a 30+ church group.  I have decided I am not 30+.  I may have enough orbits around the sun to qualify, but mentally, I'm somewhere in my 20's.  (Stay tuned for a future post on that.)
Sunday -Church.  I helped with worship again, this time in front of the piano.  Baby steps.  It felt good.  I had to rush off to work immediately after.  I didn't want to leave so quickly, I actually wanted to stay and chat with some people so that is a good sign regarding me getting out of my shell a little bit.
Monday -Work
Tuesday -Financial information meeting
Wednesday -Sanctuary -Work related meeting -Bank meeting
Thursday -C&C
Friday -Prayer meeting
Saturday -Financial planning meeting
Sunday -I was scheduled to share a 5 minute blurb at church on what God has been doing in my life.  That is a big step for me, to actually speak in front of people again.  But as of an hour ago I have to work Sunday morning so I won't be able to share.  Still, I was ready, willing and able.  Instead I am going to be doing my last flight in a Navajo Chieftain (in the exact plane pictured below) from Stony Rapids to Saskatoon.  I suppose that is noteworthy.


Maybe it's the fact that I went for a walk this morning, or C&C lifted my spirits last night, or I'm using some fancy-pants moisturizer but I'm feeling pretty good.  Happy Clint good.  And while that is great, I still want my attitude to be based on God's goodness and unchanging nature.  It may storm again, I may miss next week's C&C, and this moisturizer won't last forever, but God is unchanging.  In the good times and bad I want to say I will trust Him.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Geez you play the piano aswell as the guitar, I'm kinda jealous!

Just wondering how the financial meeting went since you told me who you were meeting with?

Who convinced you to speak about yourself in front of the church and HOW did they do it?!

Clinton said...

Well, I play the piano poorly. I only took 3 lessons.

The meeting went well.

Our pastor Brandon asked me. He didn't really need to persuade me. I just kinda sat down and thought about what God has been doing in my life and realized it would be selfish of me not to share it with others.