Thursday, November 18, 2010

Introvert/Extrovert

They say extroverts make up 75% of the world and introverts make up the remaining 25%.

Extroverts tend to go through life surrounded by similar people, other extroverts.  Introverts tend to go through life like an alien on a foreign planet.  I suppose that is why I started to write this blog to begin with.  I just want to be understood by the majority of people in my life who are extroverts.

So, for you extroverts out there, here are some introvert things I would like you to know about me.

I don't mind being alone.
I would prefer to spend my Friday nights reading a book by a fireplace than going to any party.
If I turn down an invitation to hang out, it's nothing personal, I just really need some time to myself so that I will have the energy again to be with other people.
I like to be prepared for any situation before engaging in it.
I am loyal.
If I am in a group of people for a long time, I will probably take brief "intermissions" just to recoup some energy.
I do like people, I just like alone time as well.
I prefer structure and guided purposeful conversations to "socializing".
I relive social situations (both good and bad) over and over again in my head, thinking of different possibilities and outcomes if I had done something differently.
If I seem quiet, it's not that I have nothing to say, it's that I'm deliberating, thinking, and editing what I want to say before I say it.

Thank you for trying to understand me.  I appreciate it.

No comments: