Sunday, November 28, 2010

Coincidence?

My work has a demanding schedule.  I can work anywhere from 5am to 11pm on an average day, and up to 14 hours in a row.  I can work beyond those hours as well with advanced notice.  It is difficult to live a normal life outside of that type of schedule.  Having said that, I have noticed something amazing.  I have been to church for 8 consecutive weeks, maybe more, but I'm not really counting.  I have been to 4 consecutive weekly C&C nights, and I only started attending 4 weeks ago.  I have attended my church's monthly prayer/solitude retreats each month for the last 3 months, since they've began.  I have also attended the last 4 prayer meetings on Friday mornings at our church since I learned about them 4 weeks ago.  How is that even possible considering the schedule I keep?  Coincidence?  Maybe.  But it's definitely cool.  And this week I'll be able to attend C&C, the prayer meeting, C&C's Christmas banquet, a spiritual direction meeting and church again.  It is such a blessing to me.  I almost feel spoiled.  God, are you pulling some strings for me?  Thank you.

Somewhat unrelated, here's a video I shot on my cell phone tonight at work.  This is why I love my job.


Oh, I almost forgot, I have been thinking about reading the book What's So Amazing About Grace this last week.  I don't actually own it.  Today my brother just happened to check it out of the library, with no knowledge that I was intending to read it.  It's sitting here waiting for me.  How cool is that?

No comments: