Thursday, November 4, 2010

Things

Dear Diary,

I have my list of songs for worship on Sunday.  Wouldn't you know it, the list includes How Deep The Father's Love, among others.  I can barely make it through practicing alone in my bedroom without tearing up.  I get the feeling I'm going to be crying all Sunday service.  Nuts.  I will try to hide behind the piano.  I'm not much of an upfront kind of person any way.  Given the option, I'd rather be behind the scenes.  I'm still excited.

And tonight I go to a new College and Career group.  I don't know anyone there.  I will be honest, I am a little nervous.  I'm still not a fan of meeting strangers, but I am a fan of making friends.  Like Chief Wiggum sings, "A stranger's just a friend you haven't met."  Wish me luck.  Or, better yet, please pray for me.  It feels so awkward to ask for prayer to meet people at a C&C or even that I don't cause a distraction during worship on Sunday, but that's what I'm asking for.

And finally, I have found out there is a prayer group that meets at church Friday morning at 7am.  I am going. I don't want to spread myself too thin, but I am seriously searching for places where I feel I fit, in life in general, and my Christian life in particular, and I want to be there.

Clinton


 

No comments: