Sunday, December 5, 2010

Saturday

Dear Diary,

Saturday was great.
Here's why.

I woke up early and went to church to help set up for C&C's Christmas Banquet.  It was good.  I am finding I am best in smaller groups and there were only 10 of us or so.  I met some people, people who I found it easy to be myself around.  Bonus.

In the evening was the banquet.  I met a few more people at my table.  I chatted with some people.  It was also good.

Then, in a really weird twist, I ended up in a "game".  Each table was to pick their most outgoing, energetic leader and send them to another room for instructions.  Somehow, I was picked.  That confuses me.  This is where the weird twist comes in.  The game was called Impromptu Dance Troupe Dance Off.  (I was thinking Job 3:25)  You may remember I was chatting with God a while ago about getting out of my rut, which included learning how to dance.  God has a sense of humour.  I was thinking I may work on dancing in private, or maybe even take some lessons if I could find the time.  Well, in the blink of an eye I was a part of an impromptu dance troupe that was going to perform in front of 75 other people in 10 minutes.  Oh crud!  We practiced, we performed, I survived, even my solo.  Thanks God, but let's go a little slower next time.

The evening ended with a gift exchange, group photo, and some more visiting.  It was all good.  Even as I was preparing to leave I found myself coming back to chat with CI and AS and KS and D and K and C.  As I get to know more people I am finding it easier to be myself and visit.  So the night was good.  I'm sure many people stayed later and I heard there was an after party bowling game going on but I recognized that I was peopled-out and went home.  I left on my terms and that felt good.   Thursday has been redeemed.

And totally unrelated, I held a new born baby this morning.  It was a good weekend.

No comments: