Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Christmas That Was

It was a really great Christmas this year.

It was a Christmas comprised of things I didn't expect.  Little blessings like meals with families and candle light services and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

On Friday, Christmas Eve, things transpired that allowed me to attend the candle light service at church I thought I had sacrificed to help out a co-worker.  That was such a great blessing to start the Holidays.  I enjoyed the service and I talked with some people afterwards as well.  Once it was over I drove around looking at Christmas lights for half an hour and then went to one more candle light service at my C&C church.  It was also good and once again I hung around and talked with some people.  I even met the sister of an old friend, who's blog I have been reading for years but have not had the opportunity to meet until then.

Christmas Day started off nice and quiet, the way I planned.  It was probably the first quiet Christmas morning I have ever had, ever.  It was my quiet time with God.  It was good.  In the afternoon my brother and I went to the home of a family from church.  It was really nice of them to invite us over and share their Christmas with us.  We ate, we visited, we jammed a little with their instruments, and played games.  It was a good night.

On Sunday I played guitar during worship again.  It is always special to me when I have the opportunity to do something like that.  In the afternoon I was invited over to another family's home.  We played some video games, a board game, ate Chinese food, visited a little and watched some tv.  It was really great as well.

And finally, on Monday I went out for brunch with someone from C&C.  It was also great.  The conversation flowed smoothly for 2 hours.  Hopefully this becomes a somewhat regular occurrence.

That was my Christmas weekend.  Not what I had planned at all.  Infinitely better.  Filled with little blessings that made those four days rather special to me.

Thank You.

No comments: