Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Week

Dear Diary,

This has been/will be a good week.

On Saturday mom and dad came to visit.  We did Christmas a week early.  It was good.

On Sunday we all went to church together.  It has probably been more than a year since we've done that.  It felt good.  I had to work immediately after the service so we said our good-byes.  After work I wanted to catch up with a group of C&C Christmas carolers but was a little too late.  I was disappointed.  I wanted to join them and hang out a bit.  That's actually a positive thing.  The old me wouldn't have made the effort or been disappointed by missing out.  I guess that is a sign I am growing/changing.

On Friday, Christmas Eve, there is a candle light service at church I hope to attend.  If everything works out I will also head out to one more Christmas Eve service that night.

For Christmas I have been invited to celebrate with a family from church.  That was so nice.  I won't be spending Christmas by myself this year after all.  I will still have my alone time in the morning, which I am looking forward to, but it will be nice to hang out with this great family too.

On Sunday I will be helping with worship again.  I think I am looking forward to this most.  I started practicing today.  I love the songs.  The flow.  The worship.  I've set up some of my own arrangements, as instrumentals, just for my own use.  Music is great.  I am so grateful for it.

And that has been/will be my week.
Clinton

No comments: