Thursday, December 9, 2010

Things I'm Discovering

The last few months have been a time of self discovery for me.  That is partly because I've been growing closer to God and finding out who I really am.  Here are some things I've discovered  over the last 6 months or so.

-I like hanging out with people (in small groups)
-If I make time for my self I have more energy to be around people later
-I like spending time with God
-I like praying
-I like worshiping
-When I am moderately busy I seem to have more energy for other things than if I lounge around all day
-I like snowboarding
-I have no idea how to proceed with a romantic relationship
-I like cooking
-I need social interaction
-There is a desire in me to grow closer to Jesus that gets stronger the more I do
-Life is great and confusing to me.  I wish there was a manual with easy to follow instructions.
-It is ok to have quiet time and alone time, as long as there is still time to make friends and have relationships
-I am normal
-Jesus loves me
-People like me
-Friendships are a little difficult for me to start but are very worthwhile in the long run
-When I get nervous I talk fast and/or start telling weird jokes.  Bare with me, I'll work through it.
-I'd rather talk with 1 person for an hour than 30 people for 2 minutes each
-Some day I want a family of my own
-I like working with youth
-I try to analyze some things way too much.  Like Freud said, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-I like setting aside time just for me and God
-I don't like being way too busy
-I am still searching for a place I feel I "fit" but the more I get involved where I am, the more I feel I "fit"
-I would like to find a small group bible study that meets regularly
-I feel better when I get a good night's sleep
-I must decrease so He may increase

No comments: