Friday, December 3, 2010

Tears

I have noticed that every other post I put up here usually has some reference to me crying.  Well, I guess it's because lately I find myself crying all the time.  Now, I was never really an emotional guy.  I hardly ever cried at all.  Then, about 3 months ago, I began feeling an urge to seek God out. That's when things seemed to change.  Are these new found tears a part of being closer to God?  Maybe.

I have shed tears of sadness in prayer.
My uncle was burned in an accident.
My friend's dad may not survive past Christmas.
A 13 year old I've been praying for has a brain tumour that can't be treated any more.
I've cried so much over these things.

But I've cried so much more because I am happy.  That feels strange to say but it's true.
I've cried happy tears when praying.
I've cried happy tears when worshiping. A lot of tears when worshiping.
I was grocery shopping and humming to myself.  I wasn't really even aware of the songs I was humming until I started crying, right in the bakery section.  I stopped myself and tried to figure out what was going on.  As it turned out I was humming How Deep The Father's Love and yep, I started crying.

Maybe this is just an ad hoc fallacy but it seems that as I've grown closer to God these last few months I've become much more emotional.  Maybe I am experiencing a little more of God's heart for us.  Maybe I'm becoming more of the person God is creating me to be.  There's a lot of other maybes, but I think it is safe to conclude that this is a good thing.  It is a God thing.  That's really the only explanation I need.

No comments: