Friday, October 15, 2010

New Beginnings

Right now my life feels like a new beginning.  If you haven't read the previous sequential Introductions (A, BC) you may want to, just to understand what I'm talking about. Or you may want to skip them cuz they are a bit of a downer.  Your call.

My earlier life may seem a bit depressing, but I didn't write it for you to feel sorry for me.  I'm not sorry for me.  I'm excited.  I'm happy.  The old me is gone.  I am a new creation, in many different ways, and I am excited to discover how this will all play out.  It is as though my life has just started.  I appreciate the simple things so much more now because of what I went through before, and life is good.

I have had the opportunity to re-experience some of the things that I let pass me by growing up, and for that I thank God.  Growing up, I went to several JHJ and Extreme Impacts but did not have good experiences.  My head was not in the right place and I was very much under the influence of SAD.  However, as a youth leader I have had the opportunity to take my youth groups to events like Junior High Jam and Extreme Impact and YC.  I know these events were milestones in many of their lives, and this time they held deep meaning for me too.  God has allowed me a second chance to experience them, and I am so grateful for that.

And that is why I am excited.  I feel like I have a second chance to experience everything I missed out on growing up.  My life is just beginning.  My relationship with God is blossoming.  The opportunities are coming.

And now a quick nod to the very special people who have helped me out at the many stages of my life to overcome my obstacles.

RH from The Sanctuary
KB and BW from CBC and Club 428
Worship Warriors from Harvest
DH, CH, JH, and AH from YSF
Everyone who took an interest in my life growing up at Gateway
CBCers who went above and beyond to drag me out of my shell when I would retreat into it
And those crazy long term friends I've known for way longer than I'd admit

Thanks for putting up with me and helping me when I didn't want it.  I'll do you proud.

-Clinton

No comments: