Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tired Much? or 50 Things

It was a long, late day at work and now I'm finally home.  But I can't sleep, so, in this semi-conscious state I thought I would make another "Things List".  I'll be honest, I'm kinda curious to wake up in the morning and see what I wrote.  Maybe some subconscious gems or deep insights will pop out.  Here's 50 more things you may not know about me.

1. I have grown my hair shoulder length, had it braided and attached beads.
2. I have had dreads before.
3. I doubt I have drank more than 1 pot of coffee sum total in my life ever.
4. The scariest dream I have ever had that I remember involved a toilet trying to eat me.
5. I refuse to grow a mustache, by itself.
6. I want a dog.
7. I want to grow a bonsai tree from a seed.
8. I have mentioned the minimum amount of children I would like is 2, but I did not mention I am willing to go up to 10.
9.  My car is 15 years old.
10.  I don't like heights.
11.  I have gone bungee jumping.
12.  I have gone sky diving.
13.  I am a morning person.
14.  I am a night person.
15.  I used to only buy white socks so that every sock in my drawer matched every other sock in my drawer.
16.  I have decided that going out to the movies as often as I used to is a waste of money.
17.  I think I need a haircut.
18.  I can't stand on my head.
19.  I have had glasses since I was 12.
20.  I eat way too many desserts and junk food related items, but I don't think I care.
21.  Mmmmmmmmmmm.  Chocolate.
22.  The only tv show I make an effort to see is The Office.
23.  I think I think too much.
24.  I don't like sushi.  I tried to like it.  It didn't work.
25.  I like "Chic Flicks".
26.  I ran a marathon (42km) on a treadmill, the week before I ran a real marathon, just to see if I could do it.
27.  I put pumpkin pie in a blender.
28.  I should probably wash my glasses.
29.  I am going to make myself go skiing or snowboarding this winter.  I haven't done that since a school trip in Junior High.
30.  I worked in a dental lab after I graduated.
31.  Few pictures of me exist.
32.  I have 28 cousins.
33.  The smell of cigarette smoke reminds me of nostalgic Christmas memories I have from childhood.
34.  I remember learning to walk.
35.  I wish Christmas was as precious to me now as it was when I was young.
36.  I just read #18 and thought I wrote, "I can't stand my head".
37.  I have milked a cow.
38.  I have sat in the Canadian senate, in the lower chamber.
39.  Why am I hungry?
40.  I have never worn a kilt, yet.
41.  Is an odd number.
42.  I am really looking forward to helping lead worship again.
43.  I am sooooo tired right now.
44.  When I was 5, I put my dad's truck into neutral and rolled into the street.
45.  I wanted to be a janitor when I was 5.
46.  I want to learn French and Spanish.
47.  I found a book at a sale that was over 100 years old and bought it.  I don't know what it is about because I'm scared to open it and wreck it.
48.  I want to grow closer to God, but sometimes I can't figure out how.
49.  I wanted Jesus to return before I graduated so I didn't have to go get a job.
50.  I have seriously thought of getting a pedicure, just so I could say that I have got a pedicure.

I apologize for wasting your time.  I'm off to bed now.

4 comments:

Clinton said...

Well, it's morning now. That was weird, but not as weird as I thought it would be.

Unknown said...

LOL "I'm curious to wake up in the morning and see what I wrote?!" LOL

#1-4. OMG!!!
5. Good idea!
6. Dog's rock, what kind do you want?
8. Uhhhh 10? OUCH!!! LOL
13-14. How do you manage to do both?
21. AMEN!
22. Heard it's good, I might make an effort also!
23. Is that possible? I think too little!
25. No fricken way?! Wow, who are you? Which one is your fav?
27. Why?
29. We're already talking about a big trip to the mountains and booking a cabin....the more the merrier, you game?
31. Aww no way, you're one of those people? ; )
34. Wow really, how and what do you remember about it? My first memory is having pneumonia, I think I was about 7.
41. Running out of material or does this mean you are an odd number?! : P
45. What a grand dream!
46. You must know lots of french already?

Clinton said...

6. I want a cute dog. Is that a breed?
13-14. Lack of sleep and/or afternoon naps
23. It's possible. I may write up a post about that.
25. I still think Ever After is my favorite, but I also like A Walk to Remember. Haven't seen The Notebook yet, although every female I know is pushing it on me. I think that would probably on my list, once I see it.
27. I like to experiment. Add 2 parts vanilla ice cream to 1 part pie, top with whipped cream and sprinkle on some cinnamon. It's amazing.
29. I am totally in, if it works with my work schedule. Let me know the dates.
34. I remember a lot of crazy things. I remember when my brother was born, which would make me 2 years old. I remember moving to PA (3 years), building a snowman with my neighbour in Calgary (3 years), etc... It's only been recently that I've told people about this that I've found out most people don't remember things that early in life.
41. Yes
46. I can understand a lot of french and ease drop on conversations, but I can't really speak it all that well.

Unknown said...

You SHOULD write about thinking too much something it's something I can't really comprehend and quite frankly I haven't thought about it too much! LOL

Yay for the ski/snowboard trip, can't wait until the hills open! Any suggestions for places to go?

You should also write more about your early childhood memories I really had to think hard about anything I could truly remember because most things I can recall only because I've seen a picture first. Are you able to remember EVERYTHING, and your mind is just swimming with dates and facts? I've heard that some people's brains are like that?