Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Introduction II

Allow me to introduce myself, again.  You can call me Clint, but I will always call me Clinton.

For those that know me well, there won't be much new in this post.  However for those that don't know me or merely know me somewhat some of the following may come as a surprise.

I am shy.  I used to be shy to the point of it actually being a debilitating condition.  That's because I was a sufferer of Social Anxiety Disorder.  I have it under control now, but it has taken me a long time to figure it all out.  I am also an introvert.  Although I enjoy the company of others occasionally, I prefer to be alone.  It's wonder I don't live in a cave =).

As I said in Introduction, I think everyone wants to be known, and this blog is part of my attempt to be known, despite myself.  Not everything I will share will be tied up with this SAD thing, but it will be the subtext of much of what I write.  Just like a lover sees everything through rose coloured glasses, my perspective was tinted by my social anxiety disorder.  If anyone else out there is going through something similar, I hope this blog can offer you hope.  And if any normal person (if such a creature exists) has stumbled on my blog, I hope you gain something from my ramblings too.

Lets see where this thing takes us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am the closest to normal that you will ever meet oh and a little bit random!

Don't know much about SAD, I could google it but I will learn about it from your perspective first. Ok sure you might be an introvert to me that's just a label or just the way you've always been, change your habits and see what happens. I have, I guess more personal comments and questions but I will save them for a less public setting.