Sunday, January 23, 2011

Who I Am

I Am Accepted In Christ
John 1:12  I am God's Child
John 15:15 I am Christ's Friend
Romans 5:1 I have been justified
1 Corinthians 6:17  I am united with the Lord and one with Him in spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:20  I have been bought with a price; I belong to God
1 Corinthians 12:27  I am a member of Christ's Body
Ephesians 1:1  I am a saint
Ephesians 1:5  I have been adopted as God's child
Ephesians 2:18  I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit
Colossians 1:14  I have been redeened and forgiven of all my sins
Colossians 2:10  I am complete in Christ

I Am Secure In Christ
Romans 8:1,2  I am free forever from condemnation
Romans 8:28  I am assured that all things work together for good
Romans 8:33,34  I am free from any condemning charges against me
Romans 8:35  I cannot be separated from the love of God
2 Corinthians 1:21  I have been established, anointed and sealed by God
Colossians 3:3  I am hidden with Christ in God
Philippians 1:6 I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected
Philippians 3:20  I am a citizen of heaven
2 Timothy 1:7  I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind
Hebrews 4:16  I can find grace and mercy in time of need
1 John 5:18  I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me 

I Am Significant in Christ
Matthew 5:13,14  I am the salt and light of the earth
John 15:1,5  I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life
John 15:16  I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit
Acts 1:8  I am a personal witness of Christ's
1 Corinthians 3:16  I am God's temple
2 Corinthians 5:17-20  I am a minister of reconciliation
2 Corinthians 6:1  I am God's coworker
Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Christ in the Heavenly realm
Ephesians 2:10  I am God's workmanship
Ephesians 3:12  I may apporach God with freedom and confidence
Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
2 Corinthians 5:17  I am a new creation in Christ, the Old has gone, the new has come.

Taken from Living Free In Christ, by Neil Anderson 1993, Regal Books.


I think I'm going to try and read this on a daily basis.  I know I have some issues with how I perceive myself, but I never really thought about how God sees me, and that is more important.
Thank you CK for bringing this to my attention.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Yeah, that's great. I would definitely encourage any kind of positive affirmations that work at rewriting some of our skewed internal scripts.

There was a while last year where (due to my sister's encouragement) I came up with an affirmation I would regularly remind myself of because I felt totally unsure of where the ground was. While I don't use it often anymore, it was a super huge help for that season:)

If you have time, I would suggest trying to compile some of those beliefs into a more personal expression of your beliefs. I think it can be much more powerful when it comes from our own words, even if we didn't create the ideas.

Clinton said...

I was thinking something along the same lines Matt.