Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Social Butterfly

This last New Year's weekend turned out much like my Christmas weekend.  I thought it was going to be a lot of quiet time with me home alone.  It was not.

On Thursday I was invited to a Fond Du party put on by some people from C&C.  I only knew 2 of the 15 or so people there, which did make me a little nervous, but it was an opportunity to meet 13 new people, so I went.  It was good.  I didn't get home until early the next morning.  The next day was New Year's Eve.  I was invited to  a New Years Eve party by some of the C&Cers.  So I went, and met a bunch more new people.  I didn't get home until early the next morning, again.  I worked that day.  When I got home I came across a group on facebook called the Saskatoon Worship Community.  Their event simply said, "Why not enter the new year by praising God?"  Well, they convinced me, so I went rushing across the city to the Youth for Christ building where they were meeting and joined in, just barely making it on time.  I saw a couple faces I recognized from C&C but I did not really know them so I didn't bother to go and chat with them although I did meet another guy and we talked a bit.  It was difficult for me to blindly enter a room with 50 complete strangers, but I did it, and it was ok.  And then, on Monday, I was invited by some of the C&Cers who I met earlier to join them at a party and watch Canada play the US in the Under 20 Juniours.  I went.  It was good again.  I'm now invited back to watch Canada in the final.  This is crazy.  I'm not usually this social and I am finding it is making me exhausted.  I need to schedule some me time so I can have enough energy to keep this pace up.  Unfortunately I won't be able to go because of a lot of responsibilities starting to build up, but it has been really good.  And that has been my New Year's weekend.

No comments: