Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stuff

There are a lot of little things on my mind I want to put out "there".

First, God is good. No matter how I feel, I remind myself of that fact and it makes me happy.




On Sunday I helped with worship. I kept crying. I kept ducking into the prayer room to try and compose myself. I have said before that my mom is an intercessor. One of the things she does is cry. I never could understand it. I was always more intellectual and less emotional but now I'm always crying and it is confusing the heck out of me. I'm grateful for the tears though.

I've been snowboarding a lot lately. I'm definitely getting better. Two months ago the thought of snowboarding would have never crossed my mind. This is one of those things I'm doing to get out of my rut. Thanks C&C for the snowboarding trip. It pushed me out of my comfort zone a little bit. I'm excited and nervous about the upcoming trip to Montana. It sounds like fun, but the road trip for 2 days is a little intimidating to me. I only know a couple people going on the trip. I guess it's an opportunity to meet new friends and grow relationships that have just started. That was the main reason I signed up in the first place.

Next, my car was rear ended. Although it looks ok, there is some structural damage. The car could drive fine for another 10 years or rust could eat the chasis in a year and it's toast. Do I take a chance or take the SGI settlement and buy/lease a new/used vehicle? I know in the whole scheme of things it's not that important but it is a little stressful. My finances weren't planning for this.

I'm still longing. I need more time with God. I need to be more intentional with my time. When I was a recluse it was easier because I never had anything scheduled outside of work. But now life is better, and busier and if I want to hang out with people, go to church, go to C&C, make friends, go snowboarding and live out my relationship with Jesus I need to stop procrastinating and start scheduling. This longing is growing stronger. It's so good and so overwhelming. As always, words fail me when I try to describe this great goodness.

And finally, I need to sleep more and (over) think less.

No comments: