Friday, January 14, 2011

I Got A Hug

Dear Diary,

It was a long day today.  I was at work for 14 hours, my legal limit.  When I got back to Saskatoon I rushed to C&C, still in uniform.  It was good.  I am really feeding off the messages given.  I met some more people, exchanged some phone numbers, got invited to a film festival and was invited to join a men's small group bible study.  Awesome!  Just out of the blue.  I'm most excited about the last thing (although it was a group of single females that invited me to the film festival which is almost as noteworthy).

And someone came up to me and said, "I read your blog," and hugged me.  It was pretty awesome too.

I am so busy.  I need to find some me time and some me and God time.  Tomorrow I'm gone snowboarding from 8am to 6pm, then I have Veritas at church from 6pm to 9pm.  Veritas again all day Saturday followed by practicing guitar for worship on Sunday.  I'm at church on Sunday at 8:30 am to practice again, then church, and then the men's bible study.  Then I start work on Monday, followed by the film festival and I have a friend coming from out of town on Monday or Tuesday as well.  I really need to catch my breath.

Just a friendly reminder, if you read this blog, I want you to hug me.  Some of you have been getting a free ride.  It's time to pay the piper.  The only currency I accept are hugs.  And cash.  But mostly hugs.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Definitely a noteworthy item because if I know anything about females it means that at least one of the girls in that group is interested in you and wants to spend time with you so she asked the rest of the girls for support!

The men's bible study should be great, wish there was a women's bible study I could join in this tiny village.

Clinton said...

I don't know about the females thing. They are all very nice but I don't think anyone has a "crush" on me. I find it difficult to believe anyone (females in particular) would want to spend time with me, but that's an issue I'm dealing with from my past.

You could start a women's bible study. It's been said that if you see a need to be filled, you are the person to fill the need.

Diane said...

I (as a female!) find it EASY to believe that a female would want to spend time with you; you're not arrogant, rude, boastful, or proud AND you are a good listener, genuine, kind, and respectful to everyone. It's only a short jog from wanting to spend time with to having a crush on someone! Unless you are just being humble the "issue" is in your self-perception because you have very few actual flaws other then the hairdos you used to have! LOL

Well if I could just find a leader I would soo start a women's bible study!LOL I was actually going to a really good one last year at FBC where we studied Hebrews and that's how I know what I'm missing; the leader is away on holidays and said she would maybe start something when she gets back.

Clinton said...

Thanks for the boost to my confidence, Diane. I'm a little humble, but mostly still recovering from some self-perception issues. That's just one of the areas in my life where God is working.

Good luck with your future bible study. It is always good to read the bible with others and gain insight from different perspectives. I went to a guy's bible study on Sunday and it was really great.

Matthew said...

Dude, it's good to hear your voice! I will for sure drop a hug on you the next we meet...whenever that might be. 2014? Take a detour to Winnipeg one day, I'll buy you a coffee. Plus a free hug? What a sweet deal!

It's encouraging hearing you processing so much. It's oh-so-familiar to my own ears;) Keep taking small steps and keep asking questions! I could ramble on for a long while but I'll just call it quits for now.

Oh, and if you change your currency to kisses I'll stop reading. But it might work out if you have a high single, female demographic here. You should definitely find a way to track that...

Clinton said...

Hey Matt,

I have almost been to Winnipeg many times, but never followed through. PA is probably our best opportunity.

My currency will stay cash and hugs (for now) regardless of the demographics I attract. Although, I am part French, hmmm.....