Thursday, January 27, 2011

Desire



life as i know it doesn't satisfy me
love as i know it doesn't fill the gap
buying new treasures won't sanctify me
material things are part of the trap
i'm seeking for someone who's seeking the same
i'm searching for someone who's calling my name
and there's so many distractions
and they're so wonderfully good
amusements for stalling my actions
but i know that i should
avoid singing sirens
and continue seeking
to lay down my burdens
at the feet of my king
i'm so tired from searching
with my weights on my back
i'm exhausted from yearning
while holding what's holding me back
help me surrender all that is me
to give you first what you first gave me
what's in my heart
my words can't say
what's in my spirit
language betrays
Jesus i need you
more than the sun needs the day
Jesus i love you
more than these lines can convey
grateful, here i am before you
because it was you who found me
empty and tired
naked and filthy
and all i want is to lie in your arms
safe and secure, protected from harm
and all i want is what you want for me
and all of my life i want others to see

1 comment:

Clinton said...

There's something going on in me that I can't explain. I tried writing this poem to describe how I feel but is seems like it has barely scratched the surface of what is going on deep inside. It is so frustrating not to be able to communicate what is happening. Arg. I'm meeting up with CI this weekend to talk about it, but I don't know if I can really talk about "it" when I don't even have the words to say what "it" is. And I am struggling to turn everything over to God. There are things I'm worried that God won't give back if I turn them over to Him. It's not that they are bad things. They are good. But they have become such a focus in my life lately I'm worried that once I turn them over to God they won't come back. My life feels like it is in such flux right now and I am not in control. I really don't like this feeling. There must be a light at the end of the tunnel though. There must be a purpose to this "lost at sea" stage I am in, right? I have never been in a place like this before and I just don't know what to do. It's so easy to say, "turn it over to God." It's much harder to do.

So pray for me, if you manage to read this comment. Thanks.