Wednesday, July 6, 2011

VBS Day 2

Another day in the books.

Officially we had 148 registered kids pass through our program on the first day.  Today was similar.  I can't believe I ran around with 148 kids all morning and still have energy today, after finishing up 8 hours at work to boot.  It really feels good.

I am finding shades of my personality are revealed to me as VBS goes on.  Although I really like working with all 5 groups of kids (divided by ages), I find that I would prefer to help lead one group through all events instead of lead an event for all five groups.  That is just who I am.  I prefer deeper relationships with less people and that is reflected in my preferences for VBS.  Having said that, I'm still having a blast running the games and working with my 3 junior high leader guys.

No comments: