Sunday, July 3, 2011

June

Dear Diary,

Wow.  It feels like I just blinked and June passed me by.  Where did it go?

Let's see, over the last 3 weeks I've helped NH move, volunteered to help CK move (but got bumped by an ambitious prayer group that helped move him a day earlier), spent the night in Baker Lake, Nunavut, had a birthday, attended a wedding, attended C&C, attended small group, attended several BBQ's, helped lead worship 3 Sundays in a row, went to a 24 party and worked about 50 hours a week.  Crazy.  Yesterday two of my former youth group girls (now women) got married and my oldest friend got engaged.  Life is really happening all around me.  I hurt my knee badly.  Surgery may be necessary.  And I got to talk to J and A, the two kids I still miss from my life in the North, on the phone.  It was good.  We're going to try and get together next month when their family passes through town.

This next week is going to be insanely busy.  It's all my own doing so I will take the blame, or credit.  I volunteered to take all night shifts this week at work.  Most people would rather work the mornings and afternoons than evenings so it was easy to trade with my coworkers.  Why did I do this?  I am now free every morning for Vacation Bible School.  Yes!  I am excited.  It's been years since I've had the opportunity to work with kids like this.  I had a reintroduction to it back in October when I helped at my church's Children's Fall Festival, but that was just for one day.  I'm going to be helping with games and sports all week long, with kids ages 6 to 12.  I'm excited.

I can't afford to procrastinate this week.  I need to keep to a strict schedule to make everything work.

No comments: