Monday, May 30, 2011

Faceless

Red, another band of Christians, as opposed to a Christian band have recently jumped onto my radar. I know their style of music isn't everyone's cup of tea but they are very good at what they do. I think, as Christians, we should do what we are good at to the best of our abilities and thank God for the opportunities that arise. Too often I see the Christian subculture copying the current culture and putting a Jesus stamp on it. There are little Christian Beyonces and Brittanys and Beibers running around out there now. What I appreciate about Red is the fact that they are good enough at what they do to blaze their own trail in the music industry, receiving attention for their talent from the general public, not merely travelling through Christian circles, insulated from the real world. Here is Red performing their first single from their third disc, Faceless, live on Conan.



I'd give anything to live
With You I don't exist
I'm not strong enough to pay this ransom
A part of me is dead
Need You to live again

No comments: