Wednesday, April 6, 2011

War

I'm not a huge fan of what would mostly be called "Christian" music. Some of it is ok but I find most of it is fluffy Sunday morning smiley songs. I'm sure there is a time and place for everything. One of the things that bothers me about "Christian" music is the lack of real life in the lyrics. I tend to prefer hard rock and rap and I will say this about those genres, the artists call it as they see it. Sometimes it feels as though "Christian" music is blind to much of real life. I appreciate Christian artists like Polar Boy that sing about having girlfriends or breaking up. That's just as much a part of the Christian experience as the secular world. I enjoy party songs like Rawk Fist and Fire It Up by TFK. Just because you're a Christian it doesn't mean you can't have fun. But my biggest complaint about "Christian" music is its lack of anger and spiritual warfare. Artists such as Stryper got in trouble for songs like To Hell With The Devil and P.O.D. got in trouble for Lie Down (even though many Christians never considered them a Christian band allowing them to fly under the radar). Yes, even anger is part of the Christian experience, and I want to hear about it just as much as love and rainbows.

So, without further adieu, here is Tedashii's Make War.



Please feel free to click on all the links above and turn up the volume.

No comments: