Saturday, April 2, 2011

Burn Out

Dear Diary,

I have been so busy, as usual.  I should probably stop writing about how busy I am because it is starting to get monotonous.  It is probably safe to assume I'm always busy and if anything changes I'll let you know.  I've been working about 50 to 60 hours a week.  Last week I went to small group on Friday, ended up watching Momma Mia and getting home at 2am.  I was up at 8am to go to PA for the weekend to see some people.  I was at a birthday party that night until 2 am.  This weekend I was at small group on Friday again, met up with a friend, then went to a welcome back party (for someone I didn't know, but she seems great), and got home again at 2am.  Awake at 7am, music practice at 10am, groceries, laundry, cleaning, going out to see a movie with people from C&C, tomorrow is church and taxes.  I'm tired just writing about it all.  I think I am burning out.  I need to pace myself better.

I have an interesting problem.  I know a lot of great people.  I am slowly getting to know them better and I hope they are slowly starting to get to know me better too.  That's not the problem.  The problem is that I am feeling burnt out.  Working 12 hours a day and then running to C&C and small group and bible studies and church and parties is exhausting to me.  I'm having a good time and I'm feeding my spirit but I do not have a lot of alone time and I really do need it.  I'm not saying I don't want to do the things I am doing I just need to find some time to be by myself and recharge my personal batteries.  This is a problem I've never had before.

Luckily, I now have 5 days off.  I really need it.  There are all the little things of life I need to do, but eventually I will have time for myself, just to do nothing, and I need that nothing time.

Lord, please give me the time to be with you and be by myself.  Please help me focus my activities on things that better my life and the lives of others around me.  Thank you.

No comments: