Monday, May 21, 2012

What A Privilege

What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer.

God, You are good. Thank You for Your blessings.
Thank You for family and friends and those crazy things called relationships that bind us all together.
Thank You for family relationships that are moving forward.
Thank You for speaking to me through Your word and through the messages shared at church and C&C.
Thank You for places and times of freedom.
Thank You for my small group where people can share and care and be cared for.
Thank You for people who know me, and like me anyway ;)
Lord, You know my friend has received life altering news. It isn't life ending but life will not be the same without a miracle. Lord, I'm asking for that miracle at the appointed time. And I'm asking my friend feel Your presence during this time as the implications of this news settles in.
And God I'm asking for healing for another awesome person who may need surgery. I'm praying for healing, either divine or through the knowledge and ability you've granted to doctors. Lord, I ask that You dull the pain and bring healing as quickly as possible.
Help me to make Your priorities for me my priorities for me also.
Lord, the story of David has always spoken to me in ways I can't quite describe. Lord, it has always been my desire to know You like David did. I want to dance like David danced. When I stumble I want to go to You first, knowing You will forgive a repentant heart. Despite my shortcomings, I want to walk with You and call You friend. I want You to call me friend too. I want to look back at my life in the end and know I served You, and know others knew I served You too.
Thank You for the possibilities before me.
Lord, life is great and confusing. Thank You for the greatness. Thank You for guiding me through the confusing. See You on the other side.

Amen

No comments: