Thursday, March 17, 2011

Be Still And Know That I Am God



Dear Diary,

I have been so busy lately, yet again. I have been working long shifts at work, 11 to 14 hours a day, and then trying to fit in other events on top of it all. I am so tired.

As an example, last Friday I worked until 2:30am, went to a music practice at 8:30am, drove to PA at 10am to hang out with a friend, drove back to Saskatoon at 5pm to meet up with more friends, (ate ice cream, watched a movie) and got back home again at 2am, woke up at 9am and went to church. That's a little extreme but that's how it feels my last 2 weeks have gone. Today was the first work day this week I didn't have to be up by 4:30am. Unfortunately I have been so busy, and will continue to be so busy, I will miss C&C and small group and Friday morning prayer group. I am really disappointed about that.

I need to catch my breath.

Be still and know that I am God. That message seems to be surfacing in my life lately. As an introvert I appreciate it a lot, but I think it is an important message for anyone. There is so much busy-ness in life we can find ourselves running from A to B to C with no time left for ourselves, or God. I know families that run from work to school to piano lessons to soccer to karate to youth group and church. It makes me exhausted just thinking about it. I never wanted my life to be that busy or complicated, and yet, here I am.

The pendulum of my life seems to spend more time at one extreme or the other. I am working towards finding the balance in between. I need "Me" time just to stay healthy. I need "Me and God" time to stay spiritually healthy as well. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to be still and know that God is God.

No comments: