Tuesday, October 4, 2011

C&C Retreat and Things

Dear Diary,

The last few weeks have been intense (intensely good).  As usual, I have been busy, but I seem to be finding the time to refresh my soul during my down times.

A few weeks ago I started helping with a junior high youth group in town.  It's been good.  There's a lot of new kids to meet but I'm surviving.  I am amazed at the deep conversations we've begun about things of a spiritual nature.  I pray that I can be a suitable role model to the kids.  Tuesday nights are important to me.  Unfortunately my work schedule sometimes conflicts with my Tuesday nights, and my Thursday nights.

On Thursday I helped with worship at C&C.  That was good.  I find it amazing that I can worship God, let alone lead others in worshiping God. It's not something I take lightly. I pray that I am invisible to everyone, that others only see God, and that my heart is right as I worship.  From a technical standpoint I enjoyed playing different styles of music with other proficient musicians.

Last week I went to the Maple Noise concert.  There were 10 bands including News Boys, TFK, Manafest, and Manic Drive.  Everyone was really great.  I was glad I went.  I discovered some new music and came home with a few autographed CDs.

And this weekend was our C&C retreat.  I was a bit nervous going into it.  Over 100 people retreating for the weekend.  Unlike C&C or church or anything like that there was no way to head home and recharge after a few hours.  It took me a while to adjust.  I kinda wish we had one more day simply because it took me until Sunday to climatize.  But is was good.  I have relived the weekend in my head a few times since then, processing it all.  I am glad I went.  I know God is continuing to do work in me and this weekend allowed me to be receptive to that.  I am still a work in process and I pray that what began there this weekend will continue on in life after the retreat.  I also got to know a few new people.  I can't say I went out and introduced myself to 50 new people but I met 4 or 5 new people and got to know a few people I already knew a little better.  From the socializing aspect, it was a success for me.

Thank You for the times of growth over the last few weeks.  Thank You for opportunities that have presented themselves to me.  Thank you for the successes I have experienced. Thank you for the obstacles that I will overcome.

No comments: