Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Anniversary

One year ago today I snapped.  I couldn't take the isolation and pointlessness in my life anymore and decided to put myself online for all to see.  Today is the one year anniversary of my blog, where I introduced myself to you, and the world.

A year ago today I pledged to change my life.  This blog was part of that.  I was going to share my self with others and accept others into my life.  I was going to allow God to flow more freely through my life.  I was going to make friends.  I was going to be involved.  I was going to use the gifts and abilities I had to benefit those in my life.  I was going to find a girlfriend.  Well, 5 outta 6 ain't bad.

I can't believe it has already been one year.  I didn't think life could be different than what I knew at the time, and now I know it will never be the same as it was.  I am moving forward in all the areas I mentioned above, sans the girlfriend, and life is good.  All it took was a conscious and determined effort to bring change and receive change and brave all my insecurities and fears.  My life is so good.  It is so much better than it was one year ago today.  I am really excited.

I have to say thank you to RF who was the first person I know to start a blog.  It inspired me.  Thanks for suggesting to me that I should start my own blog (about 10 years ago.  It's better late than never).

Thank you to my brother, the psychiatrist, who told me in a very professional and doctoral way I needed to get off my butt and do what I wanted to do, despite all my fears.  I needed that push.

Thanks to AS who modeled a Christian life to me that was different than the life I knew.  It inspired me.  It made me ask what was missing in my life.  It caused me to raise the bar.

Thanks to C&C which challenged me, and continues to challenge me, in different areas of my life.  It was through C&C I met so many great people and it was because of C&C I have experienced much of my growth.

And thank You God for the unending process in my life.  I am definitely not a finished product but I know You brought me from where I was and will take me to where I am going.

Thank you everyone who reads this and leaves comments, or doesn't.

Remember, you're still under orders to hug me.

No comments: