Thursday, August 18, 2011

Awesome

My brother has been reading the Book of Awesome.  Although it's not my kind of reading, I gather what I'm about to write is similar to that book.

Life is really good.  Sometimes it's the big things that seem to make life grand.  Sometimes it's the little things that fill in the minutia of living.  Here is a collection of oddball things that make my life really good some times.

-music
-getting a string of green lights in a row while driving
-getting a promotion unexpectedly
-helping others
-hugs
-freshly vacuumed carpet
-the fresh smell after it rains
-freshly baked bread
-fresh pineapple
-wrapping myself in a towel straight from the dryer
-sunsets
-no mosquitoes
-ice cream
-friends
-true worship
-nice surprises
-sweating after a work out
-dancing (although not how you're probably thinking about it.  There's a post coming about this.)
-a clean bathroom
-smiles
-laughs
-bike riding
-snow boarding
-flying
-finding out my favourite band is coming to town
-stretching after waking up
-not waking up to an alarm clock
-shiny things
-learning something new
-reading
-writing
-creating
-thinking things
-praying
-sitting in the dark
-stars on summer nights
-the northern lights
-time alone
-time with friends
-unconditional love

No comments: