Saturday, June 11, 2011

Content

Dear Diary,

Things are going good.  That's always a good thing.
Work is good.  I've been busy but I'm learning to deal with it.  I didn't get a promotion I wanted, but I'm ok with that.
I've been praying for people and things.  Some prayers have been answered with a yes, and some have been answered with a no.  And some, I'm not sure about yet.
My friend Ken is at it again.  Arg.  It frustrates me because I actually care about Ken's well being.
I went to Declare and Surrender last week.  It was good.  I'm glad I made the effort.
I didn't go to C&C this week.  That was a tough decision.  I was so tired from work and had an early start to my next day.  I think I needed that time to rest.
Last night I went bowling with friends.  Then we went out to Montana's Restaurant.  They surprised me with a little birthday platter and a moose hat.  I guess that's how we do it in the big city.  It was good.
And today was a me day.  I ate a steak.  I'm still in my PJ's, and I'm almost ready to go to bed.  I needed a day like today.
Tomorrow at church we are saying good bye to a lady who is moving away.  She is quite involved in the church and I will be sad to see her go.  Nine months ago I didn't even know her name.  Tomorrow I will miss her.  That is progress for me.

I think I'm feeling content.  Hello?  Is that you contentedness?  Is this what you feel like?

Thanks Lord for your goodness.

No comments: