Saturday, June 1, 2013

Randoms

Crazy busy. But good busy. Busy living life. I still need to catch my breath sometimes.

I work Monday to Friday, 8 to 5.
C&C on Mondays.
Youth group on Tuesdays.
Small Group on Wednesdays.
Softball on (mostly) Thursdays and other assorted days of the week.
Church Sunday morning.
Beach Volleyball Sunday night.
Renovate a house in my free time.

A couple weeks ago, at youth group, we had a very interesting discussion. We usually break into groups of guys and girls and separate for 15 minutes to talk about what God has been doing in our lives. Usually its like pulling teeth. If more than 2 kids share anything its a miracle. This particular night we went well beyond our 15 minutes. Usually after 15 minutes we play games, do some sort of devotional, have a snack, etc. This night we kept talking. We talked long enough that the youth pastor came to get us. We waved him off. We kept talking. He came back a little while later to inform us that it was snack time. We kept talking. He came back a little while later to let us know parents were arriving to pick up their kids. We ended. It was really cool to see a discussion about God with a bunch of 12 and 13 year old boys carry on for over 2 hours. I liked that.

I bought new shoes. Not a big deal. I'm rather indifferent to shoes. They are utilitarian. I am usually a jeans and T-shirt guy and my shoes tend to be a cheap pair of runner/sneakers. But I ran an experiment. I went to a specialty shoe place. I bought the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever owned in my life (which isn't really saying too much). They were grown up shoes. I have never really owned a pair of grown up shoes, if you don't count the standard black dress shoes. The results were immediate. As in women immediately started complimenting me on my shoes. I don't know how they know, but when a guy buys expensive shoes, they know. I bought a second pair shoes. For work. They were probably more expensive than the first pair. I don't want to look at the bill. I bought them in conjunction with a bunch of clothes for work. The first night I wore them women were flocking to me, to compliment me on my shoes. I'm noticing a trend.

Last Saturday I saw Paul Brandt.
Last Saturday I met Wendel Clark.
Last Saturday I danced.

I remember it looking kinda like this...


Although it may have looked more like this...



I think its time to break out my bike for the Summer.

Work is crazy. Crazy busy. Crazy awesome.
I am in the middle of bidding on a contract worth over 5 million dollars.
I prepared information for our stock holders meeting.
I re-aligned our shifts to save $18 000 annually.
I am entering the midst of a major expansion of the division I oversee and may be a part of a major restructuring and branding initiative.
I can't believe I'm allowed to do this.
Of course I couldn't believe I was being paid to fly an airplane either.

And the house... will be finished by the end of the month!
Hopefully.

No comments: