Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I've Been Away For Too Long

Dear Diary

Last week or so has been a whirlwind of goodness. Donuts and hot chocolate and hugs and more donuts. Youth group. Designing my new kitchen layout. Awakening things that have been dormant for a while.

Oooh. Cryptic.

I think one of the best things to happen to me recently was finally, finally, finally being able to be a part of youth group again. I missed the kids. Some have moved on to senior high and some of the "little kids" from VBS are now in junior high. I missed them all. Work and life and circumstances have kept me away from youth group this school year. Frustrating. I didn't want to be a part of the kids' lives if I could only be there once every 4 or 5 weeks. Now, with a little hard work and fortunate circumstances, I am able to return with a vengeance. Maybe vengeance is the wrong word. With exuberance. That sounds better. I get to be a part of something I had to leave behind for a while. I get to reconnect with awesome people and connect for the first time with other awesome people. I am very thankful to God for this opportunity. I came home last night with more joy and energy than I've had in quite some time. It was interesting for me to see the change in myself from being able to do what I think I've been gifted to do. When I share this gift I believe God has given to me, I feel alive. It's been a while since I could say that.

I just thought you should know. 

No comments: