Monday, July 2, 2012

Praise You In This Storm

By Casting Crowns



I am going through a tough time at the moment. I am sad. I wrote an entry a long time ago about how it was easy to trust God when things are going good but more difficult to trust when things are rough. Right now things are very rough. However, even back then, I promised that no matter my circumstances I will trust in God. At C&C a few weeks ago the message was about joy and grief. It can all be summed up by saying joy comes from God and grief comes from circumstances. I am trying to focus on God and not circumstances at this time. But I'll be honest, I am praying for a miracle to change circumstances. It may never come but I am praying for something that is worth praying for. Even though I am seeking God first, I am not giving up on this miracle yet. I am very aware that this answer to prayer may take a long time to come to pass, if ever. That's ok. It's worth waiting for.

I came across a prayer I wrote last year. Even though it has been almost 18 months since I prayed it, I can see it being answered here in the present. That gives me hope. I know I don't see how God is moving behind the scenes as life plays out, but I pray with all my might that I am within His will. I have so many more thoughts on the subject, but so little time to write them out.

Lord, You know my heart. Sometimes that is a scary thought but not right now. Lord, search me and know me. Guide me, direct me, receive my praises, remove my pain, set my feet on the path You ordained for me. Lord, I believe it is honouring to You and within Your will so I am asking for this miracle.

Amen.

No comments: