Saturday, February 19, 2011

Whitefish

Dear Diary,

The last week or so has been incredibly busy.  So many commitments and long (and early) days at work and my major test.  Today is the first day in a long time that I don't have to do anything.  Of course that means now I have time to do all the things I've been putting off for the last while, like laundry, groceries, and work related reading.  Yeesh.  But it has been a good week.

I went out for "coffee" with TM and had a very interesting discussion.  TM helped me see some things from different perspectives and I always get excited when that happens.  It was appreciated.

I passed my test.  =)  It feels so good to get that out of the way.

I had my other older car fixed.  Finally.  Arg.  Hopefully some of the issues I have been having are now corrected.

I traveled about 10 000km for work.  That made for a lot of very long days, and the weather wasn't particularly cooperative either.

On Wednesday I hosted a surprise party for CK from C&C.  It was great.  I had a good time.  It was so different for me because in the 2 and a half years I have lived here I have never had more than 5 or 6 people over, ever.  On Wednesday I had 12 people over at the same time.



I was so exhausted by Thursday night I did something that surprised even me.  I did not got to C&C or Declare and Surrender.  I went home to rest.  I think that was the best decision.  I need to take care of myself. I do need some alone time to stay healthy.  It felt weird to know both events were happening that night and then decide not to go to either.  That wasn't the decision I thought I would make when I started the day but it felt right.  There were people at both events I would have liked to see, but if I don't take care of myself, I won't be any good to any others.

Tomorrow I have the privilege of helping with worship again.  I also have a bible study later in the day.

And on Monday, the biggest unknown yet, I am going to Whitefish, Montana.  I am excited and nervous all at the same time.  I can't believe I am actually doing this.  Crazy.

See you later.

No comments: