Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another 100 Things...

You may not know about me.

1.   My middle name is Clarence
2.   I was born prematurely and almost didn't survive (for unrelated reasons).
3.   I have only been on 1 date in my life ever.
4.   Excluding family, my last kiss was in kindergarten.  It was also my first kiss.
5.   I have read the bible from cover to cover.
6.   I took a Biblical Greek class.  My final was to translate 1 John.
7.   I own a 2011 Chevy Cruze LT Turbo+.
8.   I am on a quest to be less boring.
9.   I like reading.  (#'s 8 and 9 are at war with each other)
10. I didn't learn to swim until I was 9.
11. I have 10 credit cards.
12. I like economics.  (The title of this blog is an economics term which really does refer to units of happiness.)
13. I am a part owner of 2 rental properties.
14. Procrastination is my enemy.
15. God likes me.
16. The most I have ever weighed was 192 pounds.
17. I have never failed a test in my life.
18. I won a colouring contest when I was 5.
19. The soundtrack to my year at CBC was POD and Dashboard Confessional.
20. I have never gone hunting in my life, which is surprising if you know my dad.
21. I am not a vegetarian, but would find it quite easy to be one.
22. I just bought new glasses.
23. My picture book bible is one of my favourite books ever.
24. I have raised my hands in worship.  If you know me, you know how big a deal that is.  (That one's for you, my charismatic mom.)
25. I miss my Wii.  :(
26. I want more people I know to hug me.  (Once again, if you've read this, you owe me a hug.)
27. God has changed me so much recently through ways I would never have imagined.
28. I've read the first 3 or 4 Harry Potter books but got bored.  There's no internal consistency at all.
29. I used to lie a lot when I was really young.  Sorry to everyone I lied to.
30. I still pray for people from all the youth groups I've attended or lead at various times.
31. I've prayed for things after they have happened.  If God is beyond time, why can't He answer a prayer before it is asked?
32. I'm really curious what my life will look like in 10 years.  I'm guessing it will be drastically different than now.
33. I used to say, "like," all the time.  I probably use "totally" too much now.
34. I tan really well.
35. I worked in a dental lab after I graduated.
36. I worked at a Mr. Sub when in high school.  Any shift we worked longer than 4 hours earned us a free sub =)
37. I wave my hands around like crazy when I am talking while nervous.
38. Most people mistake me for younger than I am.  Is it my dashing good looks or immaturity?
39. I don't really drink alcohol.  Not so much from conviction, but because it tastes horrible.
40. I am a jeans and T-shirt guy, but I like to dress up on occasion.
41. I'm glad messy hair is now a style.
42. I hate my grade 12 grad pic. Yuck!
43. I need to clean up my place.
44. My great grandpa made my wallet.
45. I ran into a barbed wire fence when I was 4 or 5.  It left 3 scars on my face.
46. I like making To Do lists and then crossing items off as I complete them.
47. I don't like seeing people cry.  I want to help them.  Too often I can't.
48. I can't sleep in.
49. I wish I had a sister, in addition to my brother, not instead of my brother.
50. I have one brother.
51. I don't like making my bed, but I do, sometimes.
52. When I get into the groove, I could study all day.
53. I want a dog.
54. Spiders are creepy.
55. I wouldn't mind living on a beach.
56. I like being in nature and just taking it all in.
57. I like sunsets.
58. I like praying.
59. I feel like I am growing closer to God in spurts.
60. I wonder if I can ever reach the point where I am totally abandoned to God.
61. I want to be married with a family some day.
62. I am searching for something more than I know.
63. Sometimes I think God needs to kick my butt to get me going.
64. Romans 7:15
65. I want to go into space some day.
66. Growing up I never really thought I would be able to handle more than a few friends in my life at any given time.  I am learning now that I can.
67. I am so thankful to God for the work He has done and is continuing to do in my life.
68. I want to see a live performance of Vivaldi's The Four Seasons some day.
69. I am somewhat shy but overcoming the obstacles that being shy creates.
70. I like chocolate.
71. I sacrifice sleep for other things all the time.  That's probably not good.  I'm working on it.
72. I love Jesus.
73. I continually stumble in my Christian life and continually pick myself up again.  (I am not perfect.)
74. I am an open book.  Although I may not volunteer a lot about myself in person, I will answer almost any question anyone would ask of me.  Use this knowledge wisely.
75. Dessert is my favourite meal of the day.  Yes, I said meal.
76. I like climbing trees.
77. Sunlight is amazing.
78. Dec 21st is my favourite day of the year because every day for the next 6 months has more daylight than the one before it.
79. I treat everyone with respect.
80. I've started watching Gilmore Girls.  That's our little secret.
81. Have I mentioned I find life great and confusing?
82.  I don't know how to flirt.  I wish I did.  I tried it once and was so nervous that it came across misconstrued I couldn't sleep all night long.
83. If I were a character on The Big Bang Theory I would be a cross between Leonard and Sheldon.
84. I'm not a fan of flossing but I do it anyway.
85. Speaking in public does not make me nervous.  Almost the opposite.
86. I once spent an entire Saturday morning tracking down a lost dog which I returned to his owners.  They were very happy.  They just moved to the city and thought he was lost forever.
87. I feel like praying right now.
88. I am thankful that Jesus loves me.
89. I think AH may be right.  Maybe I have put too much of me out "there" on this blog.  I apologize.
90. I am genuine.  I am me.  I don't like being phony.  What you see is what you get, mostly.
91. Sometimes, when I worship around other people I close my eyes.  It feels like it is just God and I.  I like that.
92. I don't like shaving every day.
93. I like movies.
94. I like laughing, a lot.  I wish I did it more.
95. I wish I was a better conversationalist.
96. I can be the most immature and mature person in a room in the space of seconds.  Very pendulum-y.
97. My first job was delivering newspapers.
98. I am glad that my family didn't always have money growing up.  It has made me so much more appreciative of the things and opportunities I have today.
99. As long as the sun is out and it isn't windy, I don't care how cold out it gets.
100. I like smiling.

No comments: