Saturday, February 5, 2011

Things You Learn When You Are Confused

God is good.
Money can't buy happiness.
Friends are good.
Ice cream is good.
Praying is good.
When I see someone crying I want to hug them until they stop, no matter how long it takes.
Long hot baths are good.
It is good to care for people.
It is good to be cared for by people.
I don't like small talk, just real talk.
Life is confusing.
It doesn't feel good to keep feelings bottled up inside.
Someone is always worse off than you.

That's what I've learned over the last couple weeks.  I've learned other things too, but they can't be summed up in short sentences.  There's more thoughts and feelings swirling around in my head but I don't know if I should put them out there at this time.  I have received some positive feedback about this blog from unexpected places and I really appreciate that.  I have also been told by my best friend who refuses to read my blog that I've put too much out "there".  I guess it's a balancing act.

I'm trying to figure out where to take this blog to now.  Do I just ramble on about my feelings, my thoughts, my journey, theology, politics, economics, my autobiography, or stick up a bunch of youtube videos?  My goal is to always be open, honest, and myself.  It is easier for me to do that here than in the real world at the moment but I am making progress.  This blog has helped me be myself out there and I will always appreciate what it has meant for me.  I also hope what I wrote and write elicits something positive from those that read here.

So stayed tuned...

I'm not sure what will happen here next.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

That's good to hear! I think it's important to recognize the development and evolution of things, that they always change. I'm sure this has been a significant step forward for you, as my blog was when I first started one seven years ago. Crazy!

Having a safe space to be honest can definitely help cultivate the willingness to be authentic in the rest of life, if that's what we really want, so I think it's great, and we can learn from everything, either way:)

Clinton said...

Thanks Matt,

I started reading your blog from day 1. In case I never mentioned it before, now I have.