Thursday, June 7, 2012

On Having A Girlfriend

...It's pretty great!

And I want to be clear with what I say next. I'm not happy because I have a girlfriend. I suppose if I had wanted to merely have a girlfriend in the past I could have had one. I am happy because a particular person is my girlfriend. I am happy because I am a specific someone's boyfriend.

:)

I am still figuring a lot of things out. For instance, I'm not really sure what I should be saying about it online so this will be brief. I've decided I don't want to say anything on here involving us that she hasn't heard from me first. Also, I don't want to say anything here that's confidential. And I'm still trying to figure out which is which.

So, I'll focus on me. I'm pretty lucky. There are a lot of things I'm learning about myself as I dare to share myself with someone else. Things I didn't even know were a part of me because I have never had the opportunity to discover them in this situation. For instance, I like writing quirky poems. I like looking into her eyes and not having to glance away if she catches me. I like dancing (with her). I find myself putting effort into certain things I probably wouldn't have before, just because she's on my mind. I'm learning how my feelings and emotions surface in different situations. It still blows me away that someone so amazing could like average me, despite all my idiosyncrasies and the stupid things I do. I could go on and on but I'd only get so mushy and super cute I'd be disgusted with myself.

I'll end by saying I am still learning what having a girlfriend means. I am still learning what being a boyfriend entails. I am a slow learner. But she seems to be ok with that.

3 comments:

Curtis said...

"I like looking into her eyes and not having to glance away if she catches me." - a new field of experiences never explored before, subtle, yet powerful. Thank you for sharing, now more poems please.

Matthew said...

Sounds great! I'm sure it'll continue to be a really wonderful experience to learn so much more about yourself and relationships.

All the details aren't that important but keep us posted on what you're discovering.

"It still blows me away that someone so amazing could like average me, despite all my idiosyncrasies and the stupid things I do."

Pretty sure everyone has that thought, at one time or another, including her;)

Clinton said...

More poems on the way.

And the "It still blows me away that someone so amazing could like average me, despite all my idiosyncrasies and the stupid things I do" comment was made specifically because I'm sure everyone has thought that before.