Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Little Things

I'm mentoring a boy from youth group, at his dad's request. He's a kid that's stood out to me for a while now. He reminds me of a young me. I couldn't quite put my finger on the reason why until last week. He told me that he's been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder. If you've read any of my early blog posts you'd know that I was also a sufferer of Social Anxiety Disorder. Miraculously, today I am a (mostly) normally functioning person. That was not always the case. I feel like God has put us together at this time for this reason.

I went out for coffee with a guy from church last month. It was something we'd been planning since last year but haven't been able to co-ordinate until recently. He reminds me a lot of myself recently, as I've gone through my journey of self discovery. We talked for a couple hours. It was good. He's going through something I struggled through in my recent past and I was able to show him a new way to approach this issue. It's only because of my life experience that I could offer him this new insight that other well meaning people could not. Hopefully some good comes of it. Hopefully it was a God thing as well.

A couple months ago I met up with a former co-worker from my previous managerial position. I'm not sure if this make any sense but he is like a future me. We connected at work and get along quite easily. I've been praying for him for a long time. If you're in the praying mood, pray for him as well. I feel called to be a witness to him. I hope God prepares the way and I am ready for the opportunities when they present themselves. We chatted for 3 hours or more. It was good. If it wasn't for the time, we'd probably still be talking. I think good things are happening through this relationship.

I have an idea for a book. I'm very confident it could help a lot of people who have gone through the things I did growing up. If I find time I'm going to start writing the outline. These relationships have spurred something inside me.

No comments: