Thursday, October 2, 2014

First Things First

God
Necessities of life
Family
Work
Friends
Recreation

That's close to the way I think life should line up. The way my life is right now seems to be more like work, necessities of life, work, family, work, friends, work, recreation, work, God. I need to figure some things out.

There are only 168 hours in a week.
About 56 hours are for sleeping, or trying to sleep.
There are about 21 hours a week for eating and hygiene.
I work about 50 to 60 hours a week.
There's about 10 hours of driving/transportation for work/school/life each week.

That leaves 21 hours a week for everything else. Only 3 hours a day. And out of that remaining time I juggle my hobby job, youth group, church, C&C, sports, friends, family. church, groceries, laundry, etc... It's not enough time for the things that matter. When I actually do the math I can't believe I'm living my life this way. I get cranky often. And I'm not a cranky person. When something important requires my time it's always sleep and God that get cut out of my schedule.

I'm thinking of ways to make changes.

No comments: