Saturday, May 11, 2013

Confidence

For various reasons, confidence is important. I'm sure I'll discuss some of those reasons in future posts.

Confidence is the knowledge that the odds of succeeding are in your favour.
The more the odds are in your favour, the more confidence you have.
Confidence is gained by experiencing success.
The more successes you have, the more confidence you will have.

If you are not confident, and I was not confident in many things for much of my life, I recommend you start small. Find small challenges to gain small victories. It becomes cumulative. The more successes you have the more successes you will have. That's why successful people seem to get all the breaks and those "down on their luck" continue in a downward spiral. There may be brief interruptions along the way but the trend will always be in the direction you are progressing. I believe this applies to any area of your life you want to apply it to. I've been working on it for several months now and it seems to be proving true.

Do I dare expand the experiment?

No comments: